The Eye of the Beholder

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Milan, London, New York, Tokyo, and Unincorporated Las Vegas

A short time ago (June 2006) this blogger told you about her decision to dabble a bit in the world of haute couture. Well, I can now (finally) report that someone actually paid $17.95 for one of my t-shirt designs. I was exstatic to receive the email notification that I will be receiving $2.00 in designer's royalties once the purchase is finalized. Yes, I have officially gone pro! All I can say about the lag between design release and purchase date is that I have always been ahead of my time.

And it could not have come at a better time (neither the $2 nor the fame)! My big sister is becoming a superstar photographer (in case you have not heard), and I needed to save a little face (and buy milk). I may need to take some vacation days from my day job to work on my Summer 2009 line... I will let you in on a little secret... argyle is the new black.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ward Family said...

I'm fascinated! I wanna see some designs!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Caprene said...

Sara Rob, I know, I know - it's Nix now - I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. I don't actually know anyone who shares my birthday, tomorrow, but crazy me remembers that yours is the day before. And since I don't have your email, I hope you get notified when you have a comment on your blog. Hope today is a great day for you!
Caprene

3:34 PM  
Blogger MrsVegasBabe said...

But the real questions is, did you go get your free slurpee in my honor yesterday?!? I forgot to send out reminders to my dear friends and family, but you better believe that I got one. Free on my birthday EVERY year! :)

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home