The Eye of the Beholder

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a Safe Constitution...

Day two of the Hope Administration and I still have a lot of it (hope, that is)! In a time where everyone is consumed with worry about their stock portfolios and mortgage payments, it would be SO easy to just sweep campaign promised under a rug. So far so good with follow through--word and deed!

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. Our Founding Fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations. Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake."

5 Comments:

Blogger Timid Tripper said...

I have to admit that I've been pleasantly surprised by all that Obama has accomplished in such a short time. But then I never really knew what his platform was; I just voted for him because I liked his commercials. ;)

8:57 PM  
Blogger MrsVegasBabe said...

Don't tell my husband, but I always did have a crush on Obama...

The only thing more sexy that a cute guy with brains is a brain with a grasp of the finer points of constitutional law! Yummy.

4:46 PM  
Blogger The Charm said...

You two crack me up! :) Erica

10:07 PM  
Blogger MrsVegasBabe said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:36 PM  
Blogger MrsVegasBabe said...

I was going to do a whole post on election season and political scare tactics, but... I am a newlywed and very busy learning how to make toast just as my love likes it... Here are the brief notes:

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants." -Camus

"They who would give up liberty for security deserve neither." -B. Franklin

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home